Four years ago today I married my favorite person in the entire world — this guy.
In some ways, I can’t believe it’s ONLY been four years. In other ways, it feels like we’ve only been married for a minute and a half.
Either way, I love being married to this guy. So today’s TILT is for him. If that makes you hurl, sorry! Feel free to click the X in the top corner.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BEING MARRIED (TO DAN IN PARTICULAR):
- When we go on dates, I typically take off my makeup first, not because I’ve “let myself go” but because he prefers my bare face. (Sup, zits.)
- This morning, right after we woke up, I demanded (seriously) that he make us pancakes. And he got right up and did it.
- He has a beard which I never thought I’d like but now I do. (Don’t shave it!)
- Because he’s such a reckless sleeper, we don’t use a flat sheet because it just (somehow?) ends up in a weird, knotted mess at the foot of the bed. HOORAY, LESS LAUNDRY!
- He also refuses to buy new underwear (“It doesn’t matter if there are holes in them… they still work!”) so, again, HOORAY LESS LAUNDRY!
- He gets up in the middle of the night for both Dax AND me, with very little complaining.
- If I text him, “COME HOME WITH BEER PLZ I HAD A HARD DAY MUST DRINK ALL THE DRINKS” he’s like, “You got it.”
- His big ears and his fuzzy chest and his strong arms.
- His laugh.
- HE IS SUCH A NERD OMG IT ALMOST HURTS SOMETIMES.
- Ask him what he’s doing at 2:30 on any given day and he will always tell you he’s going to be at the dentist. (Because it’s “tooth-hurty”.)
- He loves to drive and I hate to drive so he always drives.
- He has the worst memory of all time which is GREAT because it means he has no idea that we’ve ever had a fight. (We have, by the way.)
- He’s so ridiculously in love with me. Like, it really doesn’t make sense.
- He can make our baby giggle like no one else.
- He always puts us first.
- Except for Spider-Man.
Happy anniversary, Dan! Chant it with me, now! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
What do you love this week?