The church where I work also has a private school onsite. My good friend Corri, who dyed my hair red, works as a teacher’s assistant there and asked me to swing by the lunchroom during lunch so she could check out how my hair turned out after washing it last night.
As she was checking out my tresses, one of the girls called out to her.
“Ms. Corri, is that your mom?”
“What?” we both shouted. My mouth fell agape. Corri quickly followed up with, “Does she really LOOK like my mom?”
The girl nodded.
“HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM?” I was shocked.
“I don’t know, like 24?”
“Okay,” I laughed, “so If I’m 24, how old is Ms. Corri? Like 12?”
“Well. Okay. Sure then. I’m her mom.”
Happy Friday! I haven’t done one of these in a while. Have you missed them? I have! Pull up a chair and grab a snack — start your weekend off with some delightful Intertubes goodies.
Oh and hey! I have brown hair now! That’s fun.
- Who doesn’t love a good proposal story? And on an airplane, no less? The video is veerrrrry cute!
- Evidently pink doesn’t actually exist. Mind-blowing. Maybe THIS is Victoria’s Secret?
- First, there was planking. Then, there was stocking and owling. And now, there’s TEBOWING. Okay. As a Nole fan, of course I giggle at this. But as Tebow’s sister in Christ blah blah blah guilt blah blah blah we’ll settle it in Heaven.
- I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year! Anyone else doing this? Let’s share novels on December 1st!
- Stumbled across these breathtaking photos on PhotoJoJo. Man, I wish I was a photographer.
- And, more awesome photography of dancers.
- A Tumblr dedicated to all the reasons to love being alive. This is great! (Also, kittens, obvs.)
- No one is too smart to not worry about beauty. THIS. THIS THIS THIS.
- Here’s a story about a project started by a girl named Helen I befriended in Wales four years ago. She and her husband are doing incredible things for the world and want you to be a part of it.
- A gallery of incredible rainbows around the world. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
- Just discovered this blog (by a fellow cat-lover) and holy awesome! I love this post on finding your fabulous!
- What to do when you fail.
- From Forbes: How to Improve Your Writing.
- Daily wisdom from revolutionaries.
- Picasso drawing with light. Holy. Freaking. Crap.
- Because Halloween is in a few days, here’s a pumpkin vampire kitty. (YOU’RE FREAKING WELCOME, INTERNET.)
- And, in case you’re a slacker like me, here’s a list of easy Halloween costumes that are sure to please.
Alright, friends! That’s it! Have a safe and spooky Halloween! See you next week, THE FIRST DAY OF NANOWRIMO! Bah!