WHOA HEY. Remember these? Probably not, because the last time I wrote one was back in 2011 which was before I was a mom.
LOLOLOLOL time flies so fast though.
To get you up to speed, back in the day, I would collect all the stuff I’ve read/loved over the past week and share them with you. And since I’m back at it, HERE YOU GO.
Also, a lot of these bloggers are my IRL friends and they are cool so if you like me, you should definitely like them.
Only thing I ask is that you please don’t break up with my blog for their blogs. Sure their blogs (as well as their faces) are sexier than mine and they are undoubtedly more trendy/fun/nice/better cooks but LISTEN. You liked me first, right?
WHAT I’M READING THIS WEEK:
- How To Ditch The Cubicle | SEMIPROPER – In America, in 2015, the age of supposed hover boards and wiggity whack jumpsuits, should we not be able to fully work from home? That’s kind of my thought process this year as I navigate how in the heck to care for two children and still make ends meet without selling every comic book Dan owns. (What? I would never…)
- Friday DIY Roundup | Oh the Lovely Things – A few friends and I have decided to have a monthly DIY “crafternoon” (a thank you, a thank you) all year in order to make Christmas presents in a timely manner. I love these ideas and I’m pretty sure I’m going to make that photo soap of my FACE for literally everyone I know. (You’re so welcome in advance.)
- Printable Valentine’s Day Gift Wrap | Sarah Hearts – To go along with the DIY theme, download these adorable gift wraps from my homie Sarah. They are almost as adorable as she is. Almost. Also, why fight the line at Target when you can just click print? Genius.
- I Chose Life and His Name is Lexington Anthony | Svellerella – I am not all about to get political up in here (ain’t nobody got time for that) but reading this girl’s story wrecked me a little bit. Life doesn’t always go as planned but, if you let it, it can be beautiful.
- The Continuing Saga of Blink-182 Explained in Blink-182 Gifs | Hello Giggles – Because I was a huge Blink fan in the late 90s/early 00s, and because who doesn’t love a set of good gifs? (Also, Tom DeLonge, WTF bro? Stay together for the kids!)
- Test Driving Natural Skin Care | Scratch or Sniff – My skin has always sucked. The first pimple I remember getting was in the 2nd (!!!!) grade. When my friends were fighting over broken crayons, I was in the bathroom crying over my broken skin. In my 20s, especially putting my hormones through the wringer with pregnancies/nursing/miscarriages/everything, it hasn’t really gotten any better. I’ve ditched all the harsh chemical treatments I was using and have switched to a skin care routine similar to this one, and I might give this routine a try.
And that’s all from me this week. Check you next week.
OH MY GOSH, IS IT THE WEEKEND YET?!
Almost, friends! Almost. I hope you had an amazing Halloween and a productive first week of November. Start out your weekend with these little delights from the Interwebs.
Get down from there, cat!
That’s all, folks! I’ll see you next week. Have a fun weekend! When it’s time to party, we will party hard!
Happy Friday! I haven’t done one of these in a while. Have you missed them? I have! Pull up a chair and grab a snack — start your weekend off with some delightful Intertubes goodies.
Oh and hey! I have brown hair now! That’s fun.
- Who doesn’t love a good proposal story? And on an airplane, no less? The video is veerrrrry cute!
- Evidently pink doesn’t actually exist. Mind-blowing. Maybe THIS is Victoria’s Secret?
- First, there was planking. Then, there was stocking and owling. And now, there’s TEBOWING. Okay. As a Nole fan, of course I giggle at this. But as Tebow’s sister in Christ blah blah blah guilt blah blah blah we’ll settle it in Heaven.
- I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year! Anyone else doing this? Let’s share novels on December 1st!
- Stumbled across these breathtaking photos on PhotoJoJo. Man, I wish I was a photographer.
- And, more awesome photography of dancers.
- A Tumblr dedicated to all the reasons to love being alive. This is great! (Also, kittens, obvs.)
- No one is too smart to not worry about beauty. THIS. THIS THIS THIS.
- Here’s a story about a project started by a girl named Helen I befriended in Wales four years ago. She and her husband are doing incredible things for the world and want you to be a part of it.
- A gallery of incredible rainbows around the world. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
- Just discovered this blog (by a fellow cat-lover) and holy awesome! I love this post on finding your fabulous!
- What to do when you fail.
- From Forbes: How to Improve Your Writing.
- Daily wisdom from revolutionaries.
- Picasso drawing with light. Holy. Freaking. Crap.
- Because Halloween is in a few days, here’s a pumpkin vampire kitty. (YOU’RE FREAKING WELCOME, INTERNET.)
- And, in case you’re a slacker like me, here’s a list of easy Halloween costumes that are sure to please.
Alright, friends! That’s it! Have a safe and spooky Halloween! See you next week, THE FIRST DAY OF NANOWRIMO! Bah!
Hey hey hey, diet coke junkies! Your weekend is about to start off with a sentimental bang, with a tribute to the fantastic Mr. Steve Jobs at the top of this week’s 12-pack. Enjoy!
That does it, kids. Have a great weekend. See you soon!
Alright, kiddos! That wraps up another week of FBDC goodness. I hope you all have a lovely weekend — start it off right by consuming some delicious Internet goodies.
That’s all she wrote! Peace, love, and bullet-proof marshmallows,
Hey friends! We are mere minutes away from the holiday weekend and I can’t wait! This weekend promises so many good things. Vacation, COLLEGE FOOTBALL (go Noles!) and general awesomeness. Start out your holiday weekend with these sweet links. Enjoy!
Alright kiddos! That’s all she wrote. See you in a week! Xoxo.
Who’s ready to troll the Internet? Well, you’re here, so you’ve already got a head start, don’t you? And what better place to start than FBDC?
Here are some fun things I found on the webbernets this week. It’s not an extensive list, but quality over quantity y’all! Enjoy, and have a great weekend! I’ll see all you lovers on Tuesday!
That’s all, folks!
Legitimate bloggers do this thing at the end of the week where they give their readers links to other cool stuff on the Internet. Because I want to be a legit blogger when I grow up, I’m gonna start doing that. Each Friday I’ll put out a list of the cool things I found while trolling the interwubz that week and, because I’m oh-so-clever, call it my DIET COKE 12-PACK.
(I’ll give you a moment or two for your applause for my genius to die down. Done now? Cool. Let’s move on.)
- If you’ve hung around my blog long enough you already know the BS Photoshopping that female models undergo, but here’s an incredible short film about how male models are manipulated. (Holy nipples, Batman!)
- Think it’s just about girls? Ohhhh no. It’s not. Manorexia revealed.
- Is it just me, or are we a culture that likes to dwell on the crappy things we’ve done in the past? Jon Acuff tells us that’s not God’s design for our life.
- French Connection’s new ads present a new take on what it means to be a man or woman. Evidently, men are more than aggressive sex fiends and women are more than overly objectified play things. Who knew we liked to do things like play with fire extinguishers and triangles?
- Beautiful pictures that look like paintings.
- The ballerina project gets me every time.
- I wish I was good at photography and could do stuff like this.
- Who doesn’t love a good news fail?
- Guilty-looking wieners give Weiner’s guilty speech.
- Italian Vogue features “fuller” women, even on the cover!
- Did you know that Apple is evil? If not, listen to Richard Dreyfuss…
- What are you afraid of?
- Okay. These photos are freakin’ crazy. Crazy awesome.
- “I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” takes on a whole new meaning.
- I still don’t know whether or not this is a joke. If it is, good form. If it’s not, I’LL DATE HER.
- Just in time for Father’s Day…
- Shameless plug for you to follow my tumblr and, consequently, my stream of consciousness. Spoiler alert: cats.
That’s all, friends! Have a great weekend. Oh I almost forgot! I’m giving you a homework assignment:
Hug someone who needs it.