Hello my lovely Gryffindors, Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws! Today is a special, yet bittersweet, day for Harry Potter fans everywhere — the final installment of the film franchise has been released and I (of course) drank in this piece of cinematic brilliance this morning at midnight. I’m super exhausted, but it was so worth it. As a tribute to Harry and the gang, I’d like to present to you my Magical Diet Coke 12-pack. And, for all you muggles out there, I’ve even included a very non-magical (yet still awesome) section just for you.
THE HARRY POTTER LINKS!
THE MUGGLE LINKS!
- The NYC Polaroid Project makes me miss New York. It has been way too long! I also really enjoy Polaroids.
- Animals Being Dicks. No further explanation required.
- Cats Being Dicks. Well. This is obviously my new favorite Tumblr.
- Here’s a list of 10 reasons to get rid of your credit cards and just use cash. I am all about this!
- Donald Miller writes about facing your fears.
- Because I’m a grammar nazi, I absolutely LOVE this article on Cracked. And, by the way, this is a sentence I’m almost positive I’ve uttered concerning the dismissal of the Oxford comma: Sure, fine, maybe we’ll consider this official someday, but just because it’s accepted doesn’t mean it’s not wrong and stupid.
- This article about what we think God’s doing in the Church is great (and convicting.)
- Another honest post from Matthew Turner about what being a believer means.
- Hanging Half-Naked from a Squatting Bar, or, How I Got Over My Body Issues. Talk about vulnerability.
- Eric Zener paints pieces that look like underwater photographs. Incredible.
- I love this email on how to make your kid a writer.
- Another reason why The Adventures of Pete & Pete (as well as all the other TV shows on Nickelodeon in the 90s) is far superior to anything kids watch these days.
- Demi Lovato premieres a new song about her struggles with an eating disorder and cutting, and her fight for health. So powerful.
- To Be Young, Russian, and Rich. These photos are GREAT.
Mischief managed for this week, y’all. Peace, love, and butterbeer! See you next week!
This is my salute to the good ol’ US of A — my weekly list of funny and inspiring links I’ve found on the Internet.
If mindlessly surfing the INTERNET doesn’t scream LET FREEDOM RING, then I don’t know what does. Have a great weekend, soldiers! See you next week!
- The Nu Project by Minneapolis-based photographer Matt Blum is a collection of stunning photographs of completely nude women of all shapes and sizes devoid of make up or touch ups. It’s beautiful, powerful, and obviously NSFW.
- This is a really cool idea: pictures of people listening to music and their take on it.
- This article makes me want to blow up the world.
- This was interesting to read after Casey Anthony was found not guilty. Let’s all be honest, here: she killed her kid. And won’t do time for it. And that sucks. But this article reminds us that this is just a small, tiny example of child injustice, and the world is full of people who mistreat and kill children who will never face justice here on this planet.
- I swear — Jon Acuff keeps writing about me. It’s getting creepy. But he nails me in this week’s Serious Wednesday post. But as I flipped through photo albums representing the years 2000-2005, I kind of got sick to my stomach. It felt like I was watching a slow failure parade stream by.
- A girl I knew in high school (who happens to be infinitely smarter and cooler than me) wrote an honest post on the importance of writing and publishing. I have to agree with everything she says because, well, she’s cooler and smarter than me.
- Here are some fun Harry Potter facts that were posted right before Half-Blood Prince came out! Just in time for the final movie to come out! SQUEEEEAL.
- What your favorite 80’s band says about you. (Mine is totally true.)
- Breaking Writer’s Block.
- Emily‘s father wrote this about his experience in World Market with a poorly labeled candy bar, a misguided cashier, and his 13-year-old daughter’s body image. It made me cry.
- The 10 most underrated albums of 2011 you must hear.
- This is an absolute MUST-READ. The disease called Perfection.
- Homer Simpson’s invitation to the royal couple. So funny! (And Homer’s a pretty decent writer. Who knew?)
- Three pieces of advice for women.
Party on, Wayne!
Happy Canada Day and happy 4th of July! Hooray for countries being independent (even though Canada is still part of the commonwealth under the queen BUT WHATEVS!) I hope you all had a great week. Start off your holiday weekend by drinking some Labatt Blue and ginger ale whilst consuming some delicious Interweb snacks.
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you next week. Peace, lovers!
- Unflattering Buffy Screencaps. HAHAHAHA. Any other ex-Buffy addicts out there? This. Is. Amazing.
- Annnnd another for The View.
- I really love this article on how to talk to little girls. (Though I’m not so sure I could suppress my urge to squeal in delight at a little girl’s obvious beauty.)
- Lately, I’ve found myself a bit restless about “right now.” I’m surrounded by friends who are pairing off, getting pregnant, going to grad school and/or seminary, starting new jobs, moving… and, I know that God has huge plans for me and my family. Eventually. But right now, I’m stuck in limbo, and it is making me anxious. This article was exactly what I needed to read to calm my nerves.
- Clue: Cat Edition. OMGGGG.
- Paralyzed cat takes swim takes swimming lessons. I cannot stand how adorably sweet this is.
- WE GOT THAT B ROLL! Anyone who has ever worked in TV needs to watch this! (Also, I wish this actually existed.)
- Here Comes the Groom: a Conservative’s advocacy for gay marriage in 1989. What a forward thinker for his time, no?
- I try to actively not give a crap about Kate Middleton, but she does rock some awesome fashion.
- A sad, sad story about a set of twins battling anorexia.
- I know a lot of my friends compare themselves to others they find on social media. This is definitely an issue worth talking about.
- I was just talking to a friend about how much I miss London. THIS IS NOT HELPING.
- This makes me feel icky.
- UGH. As if you needed any MORE reasons to ditch the Diet Coke, IT MAKES YOU FAT.
- This is so sweet and nostalgic. Awwww.
- I really have no fashion sense, but this TED talk made me think that maybe I can learn!
- You Don’t Love Yourself If… As a self love blogger, I get convicted of this all the time. It’s nice to know I’m not alone!
- Hooray for Pixar showcasing a curly-haired heroine!
It’s Friday, Friday, gotta get links on Fridayyyyy…
Now would be a good time to get up and make yourself a bitchin’ sandwich because you’re about to spend an exorbitant amount of time trollin’ the webbernets. This week’s 12-pack is pretty sweet, so without further ado…
Have a great weekend, friends! Stay gorgeous — see you next week!
Another week has come and gone, and I’ve spent the majority of it LOLing and gawking on the Interwebs at some pretty great stuff. Check it out!
- What is wrong in America? Why is this woman calling 911 over Chinese food?
- I’m thinking of using this to change my style! My wardrobe needs a serious update, and I don’t suppose any of my friends are gonna ever put me on What Not To Wear, so…
- Best thing I’ve seen in a long time. Well done, Katy Perry!
- The heavy yoke of beauty.
- I am particularly fond of my husband’s horoscope (Capricorn) in this.
- The last section of this made me cry. I’m pretty sure it was written for me.
- Super cute Subaru commercial.
- An Examination of What It Means to be Beautiful and Valuable in Fashion Blogging. Eh. I still haven’t found a fashion blog that highlights someone who has a body like mine, but I’m sure it exists somewhere. But even if it doesn’t, it doesn’t matter, because no one can be me.
- How to love yourself in 8 really hard steps. I’m particularly loving #2, as I have mentioned in the past!
- I’m not sure how I feel about this. Seems like a slippery slope to me. But it’s interesting anyway.
- Dawwwww! Animal facepalms!
- I wish I knew half as much as this guy knows about music and God.
- Men Get Eating Disorders Too. I know I posted a video last week but this website is gnarly!
- This gives me chills.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 2 TRAILER!
- And to go along with that, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, J.K.?!?!?!! THE SUSPENSE IS TOO MUCH FOR THIS MUGGLE TO HANDLE!
- Dan… I can has second honeymoon plz?
- If you’re like me, and you’ve been following the Casey Anthony trial, you’ll find this Twitter account equal parts hilarious and awesome.
- Your Give a Damn is Busted, Now What? A refreshing and relieving read. I’ve been feeling this exact way recently.
- This is way too accurate. It’s scary. It also looks really bad on females.
- A great article on overweight people and fat-shaming. “But can’t we also navigate that while some fat people are healthy, the programs aimed at those who aren’t cannot be helping?“
Alrighty lovelies! That’s all for this week. Enjoy your weekend and I’ll see you next week. ❤
Legitimate bloggers do this thing at the end of the week where they give their readers links to other cool stuff on the Internet. Because I want to be a legit blogger when I grow up, I’m gonna start doing that. Each Friday I’ll put out a list of the cool things I found while trolling the interwubz that week and, because I’m oh-so-clever, call it my DIET COKE 12-PACK.
(I’ll give you a moment or two for your applause for my genius to die down. Done now? Cool. Let’s move on.)
- If you’ve hung around my blog long enough you already know the BS Photoshopping that female models undergo, but here’s an incredible short film about how male models are manipulated. (Holy nipples, Batman!)
- Think it’s just about girls? Ohhhh no. It’s not. Manorexia revealed.
- Is it just me, or are we a culture that likes to dwell on the crappy things we’ve done in the past? Jon Acuff tells us that’s not God’s design for our life.
- French Connection’s new ads present a new take on what it means to be a man or woman. Evidently, men are more than aggressive sex fiends and women are more than overly objectified play things. Who knew we liked to do things like play with fire extinguishers and triangles?
- Beautiful pictures that look like paintings.
- The ballerina project gets me every time.
- I wish I was good at photography and could do stuff like this.
- Who doesn’t love a good news fail?
- Guilty-looking wieners give Weiner’s guilty speech.
- Italian Vogue features “fuller” women, even on the cover!
- Did you know that Apple is evil? If not, listen to Richard Dreyfuss…
- What are you afraid of?
- Okay. These photos are freakin’ crazy. Crazy awesome.
- “I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” takes on a whole new meaning.
- I still don’t know whether or not this is a joke. If it is, good form. If it’s not, I’LL DATE HER.
- Just in time for Father’s Day…
- Shameless plug for you to follow my tumblr and, consequently, my stream of consciousness. Spoiler alert: cats.
That’s all, friends! Have a great weekend. Oh I almost forgot! I’m giving you a homework assignment:
Hug someone who needs it.