OH MY GOSH, IS IT THE WEEKEND YET?!
Almost, friends! Almost. I hope you had an amazing Halloween and a productive first week of November. Start out your weekend with these little delights from the Interwebs.
Get down from there, cat!
That’s all, folks! I’ll see you next week. Have a fun weekend! When it’s time to party, we will party hard!
Happy Friday! I haven’t done one of these in a while. Have you missed them? I have! Pull up a chair and grab a snack — start your weekend off with some delightful Intertubes goodies.
Oh and hey! I have brown hair now! That’s fun.
- Who doesn’t love a good proposal story? And on an airplane, no less? The video is veerrrrry cute!
- Evidently pink doesn’t actually exist. Mind-blowing. Maybe THIS is Victoria’s Secret?
- First, there was planking. Then, there was stocking and owling. And now, there’s TEBOWING. Okay. As a Nole fan, of course I giggle at this. But as Tebow’s sister in Christ blah blah blah guilt blah blah blah we’ll settle it in Heaven.
- I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year! Anyone else doing this? Let’s share novels on December 1st!
- Stumbled across these breathtaking photos on PhotoJoJo. Man, I wish I was a photographer.
- And, more awesome photography of dancers.
- A Tumblr dedicated to all the reasons to love being alive. This is great! (Also, kittens, obvs.)
- No one is too smart to not worry about beauty. THIS. THIS THIS THIS.
- Here’s a story about a project started by a girl named Helen I befriended in Wales four years ago. She and her husband are doing incredible things for the world and want you to be a part of it.
- A gallery of incredible rainbows around the world. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
- Just discovered this blog (by a fellow cat-lover) and holy awesome! I love this post on finding your fabulous!
- What to do when you fail.
- From Forbes: How to Improve Your Writing.
- Daily wisdom from revolutionaries.
- Picasso drawing with light. Holy. Freaking. Crap.
- Because Halloween is in a few days, here’s a pumpkin vampire kitty. (YOU’RE FREAKING WELCOME, INTERNET.)
- And, in case you’re a slacker like me, here’s a list of easy Halloween costumes that are sure to please.
Alright, friends! That’s it! Have a safe and spooky Halloween! See you next week, THE FIRST DAY OF NANOWRIMO! Bah!
Hey hey hey, diet coke junkies! Your weekend is about to start off with a sentimental bang, with a tribute to the fantastic Mr. Steve Jobs at the top of this week’s 12-pack. Enjoy!
That does it, kids. Have a great weekend. See you soon!
Alright, kiddos! That wraps up another week of FBDC goodness. I hope you all have a lovely weekend — start it off right by consuming some delicious Internet goodies.
That’s all she wrote! Peace, love, and bullet-proof marshmallows,
Hey friends! We are mere minutes away from the holiday weekend and I can’t wait! This weekend promises so many good things. Vacation, COLLEGE FOOTBALL (go Noles!) and general awesomeness. Start out your holiday weekend with these sweet links. Enjoy!
Alright kiddos! That’s all she wrote. See you in a week! Xoxo.
Another week has come and is now making space for the weekend! Some of you may be hanging out with some crazy lady named Irene over the next couple of days. Stay safe, friends! Take it from a Floridian — hurricanes are no joke.
This week’s 12-pack is a bit thin, and for that I apologize. I’ve been feeling pretty rotten the past couple days and staring at a computer does not help. But, alas, what I lack in quantity I make up for in quality. These links are pretty swell. Drink up!
Alrighty! That’s it. Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend with minimal storm damage and maximum love. Xoxox.
Happy Friday, loves! Hope you’ve had an incredible week. Mine’s been quite the rollercoaster, but I’m blessed as always. Hope you enjoy this week’s 12-pack!
- Maru has a book coming out. OMG. NEED.
- Stop motion photography makes a killer film!
- The ultimate guide to Starbucks’ secret menu. WHAT.
- Gap fail. Sigh.
- Just what we need in America — a diet book for kids.
- Top Ten Best Fictitious Teachers. Why aren’t they real? Ugh!
- An article I wrote on my passion for student ministries. (Not really sure what the protocol is for having a link to something I wrote on my link list but, hey, it’s my blog, I DO WHAT I WANT!)
- A fake pizza made out of all pizza-flavored things. Awesome? Yes. Healthy? No.
- An incredible article on Christianity and modesty. When I was doing research for the book I wrote about sex, I interviewed numerous married Christian women who confessed that sexual intimacy with their husbands was a struggle. They’d been told all their lives that it was a sin to be sexy. And turning that “rule” off when in the bedroom with their husbands was, for some, impossible. Many felt guilty for “feeling sexual.” And I think that’s sad… The undertone of our definition of “modesty” is shame. Whether the words are ever said aloud or not, how we Christians talk about modesty makes many women feel insecure or shameful about their bodies. YES, YES, AND MORE YES.
- Operation White Cake. Watch as Shawn surprises Colleen with her perfect big day as they go from boyfriend and girlfriend to husband and wife in one day!
- A hilarious open letter to Hollister.
- Love Fruit of the Loom’s new flawless campaign.
- Advertising for the 21st Century Kid. My, how times have changed.
- HelloGiggles offered up some gems this week. How I Learned to Stop Caring and ❤ Myself.
- The 10-Best Street Art Works in Pictures.
Alright, kiddos. That’s all for now. Weekend hard. 🙂