Things have been so nuts! Dan is getting ready to head out of town AGAIN, and we just launched all of our fall programs at church, so things be cray cray around the Durrenberger house. (I HAVE been blogging, by the way. Check it out over HERE please!)
But it’s Thursday and I have so much to be grateful for. And SO!
THINGS I LOVE THIS WEEK:
- FSU FOOTBALL IS BACK and dang, our quarterback looks good!
- There is a Seminoles club in Naples! Yay!
- The above picture — Dax looks just like me/my brother at this age. So fun! (And no, before you ask, he isn’t walking yet. But so soon!)
- Sleeping in. (WHAT???!!!! WITH A BABY???!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!)
- When Dan and I just happen to randomly wake up at the same time in the middle of the night.
- Teaching Dax how to blow kisses and clap.
- New music from two Cases! (Neko and Eric)
- Side note: no one makes the F-word sound as beautiful as Neko does.
- New music from Libby!
- Taking Dax to the park and letting him experience grass and dirt on his little boy body.
- Sharing Daddy’s glasses.
- Big, gourmet burgers ON THE CHEAP.
- Old dudes wearing shirts that just say, “Naples.”
- Quiet times in coffee shops.
- Learning new songs on the piano. Just ’cause.
- Being impractical with my spending money. Finally. (Hence, new music and new piano books.)
- Mom is coming to visit this weekend!
- Random strangers coming up and telling me how beautiful my baby is, particularly “his” blue eyes. (To which I reply, “Actually, they’re mine.”)
- Secret blog posts by my friends.
- Hugs from middle schoolers and high schoolers.
- Getting to volunteer in student ministry again.
- Being able to encourage a brand new mom at Publix. She was shopping with her mom and ogling Dax sitting in my cart and saying, “How do you shop without help?” I looked at her with her six-week-old boy in a carseat in the big part of the cart and said, “BABYWEARING. Also, having a 13-month-old who can hold his body and head up on his own helps a lot. It gets better, I promise!” (I love love LOVE encouraging new moms because I believe they are the ones on earth that need it most.)
- Watching Dax play with babies his age at church. So cute.
- Rain at naptime.
- And finally… beer again because duh.
What do you love this week?
2 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (september 5, 2013)”
What do I love this week? *I am anticipating seeing Dax, Lins and hopefully Dan too this weekend!* Chiropractors. I visited one for the first time this week, and let me tell you, it’s WONDERFUL.He cracked bones I didn’t even know I had! LOL Great blogging, Lins!