You’ll notice it’s been awhile since I posted a TiLT. From the worst Tuesday to a busy season at work, it’s been hard for me to stop and really grasp onto gratitude. But that’s not an excuse. There is always something to be grateful for, and when you don’t choose to acknowledge it, it only hurts you. Amidst Dax’s illness and all the other craziness of my life that is beyond my control, I should have made it a priority to sit down and record the things for which I am grateful to preserve my spirit. I didn’t, and that was detrimental to my already precarious situation.
BUT IT IS A NEW DAY OF A NEW WEEK! And each day is another second chance to get it right.
THINGS FOR WHICH I AM GRATEFUL THIS WEEK:
- Second chances.
- My little boy is thirteen months old! BAH. Look at all that cuteness. JUST LOOK AT IT AND TELL ME IT DOESN’T MAKE YOU GO, “!!!”
- Jars of Clay’s new album isn’t out yet, but it’s streaming for free here. You’re welcome.
- The time after Dax goes to bed but before Dan and I go to bed.
- Dinners in.
- The ability to rent movies from Amazon WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOUSE! (Go go gadget laziness!)
- The sound of acoustic pianos.
- Knowing enough about food that I can whip up some sort of dinner from whatever is in the kitchen.
- Smoothies that hide spinach.
- Encouraging text messages.
- Silly Snapchats.
- Long naps.
- Getting encouraging messages about how my blog has helped others. (Also file this under THINGS THAT MADE ME CRY THIS WEEK.)
- Needing to drive to Ft. Myers for work, which allows for lots of drive-jamming.
- When Dan’s Galaxy-equivalent of Siri says, “Ft. Myers” she pronounces it, “Eff-Tee Myers.”
- Making friends!
- Splurging on new clothes for the first time in OH I DON’T KNOW EVER?
- Meeting and chatting up Ileanna, born and raised in Athens, Greece, who did my pedicure this past weekend. What a lovely person. Seriously.
- Randomly ballroom dancing in the middle of Barnes & Noble.
- Dax signs for “milk” now! He doesn’t do it correctly — he waves instead of squeezes — but I know what he’s trying to say because he always accompanies it with pulling on my shirt.
- Baby sea turtles!
- A parody of “Teach Me How to Dougie” that is “Teach Me How To Breastfeed.” It’s equally hilarious and informative! Do yourself a favor, if you’re not squeamish about boobs, and take a gander.
- Bath time.
- Dax finding it hilarious when Dan pretends to barf.
- Not sure why, but lately, Dax is mega snuggly-clingy. Like all he does all day is nurse and cuddle. It’s bad for homemaking productivity but I am savoring it.
What do you love this week?