Four years ago today I married my favorite person in the entire world — this guy.
In some ways, I can’t believe it’s ONLY been four years. In other ways, it feels like we’ve only been married for a minute and a half.
Either way, I love being married to this guy. So today’s TILT is for him. If that makes you hurl, sorry! Feel free to click the X in the top corner.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BEING MARRIED (TO DAN IN PARTICULAR):
- When we go on dates, I typically take off my makeup first, not because I’ve “let myself go” but because he prefers my bare face. (Sup, zits.)
- This morning, right after we woke up, I demanded (seriously) that he make us pancakes. And he got right up and did it.
- He has a beard which I never thought I’d like but now I do. (Don’t shave it!)
- Because he’s such a reckless sleeper, we don’t use a flat sheet because it just (somehow?) ends up in a weird, knotted mess at the foot of the bed. HOORAY, LESS LAUNDRY!
- He also refuses to buy new underwear (“It doesn’t matter if there are holes in them… they still work!”) so, again, HOORAY LESS LAUNDRY!
- He gets up in the middle of the night for both Dax AND me, with very little complaining.
- If I text him, “COME HOME WITH BEER PLZ I HAD A HARD DAY MUST DRINK ALL THE DRINKS” he’s like, “You got it.”
- His big ears and his fuzzy chest and his strong arms.
- His laugh.
- HE IS SUCH A NERD OMG IT ALMOST HURTS SOMETIMES.
- Ask him what he’s doing at 2:30 on any given day and he will always tell you he’s going to be at the dentist. (Because it’s “tooth-hurty”.)
- He loves to drive and I hate to drive so he always drives.
- He has the worst memory of all time which is GREAT because it means he has no idea that we’ve ever had a fight. (We have, by the way.)
- He’s so ridiculously in love with me. Like, it really doesn’t make sense.
- He can make our baby giggle like no one else.
- He always puts us first.
- Except for Spider-Man.
Happy anniversary, Dan! Chant it with me, now! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
What do you love this week?
18 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (marriage edition.)”
Flat sheets are the WORST.
it’s SO TRUE
Awwww, such a cute post!
“HOORAY LESS LAUNDRY” <— congrats!
“Except for Spiderman” bwahahaha.
i forgot the hypheeeeen. sorry.
which i said in my head “high-feeeen”
Congrats! I love love 🙂
Missing my man cos he’s working away, but Im thankful for his love and I love that he loves me through it all!
I also love God, insanely much! He has given me sooooo much its ridiculous
thanks! and yay to YOUR love list 🙂
I love you, Dan, and Dax. I loved your list even though the part about the underwear was a little tmi (blush) LOL
thanks mom 🙂
You have a great family!! You rock!
YOU rock mama langhan! 🙂
I came on here because of your IUD post (havent slept in 8 months) then i started reading the rest.
You. Are. Adorable.
Just wanted to say that.
oh gosh, thank you! and welcome!
do you have mirena, too? if so, GET IT OUT! it will make such a difference!!!
I’ve nominated you for the Super Sweet Blogging Award 😉