I think after yesterday’s supah-negativo post, it’s only fitting that TiLT would come next. I promise; it’s not all bad here. Naples really is beautiful and wonderful and I’m excited to be here. I mean check out the view!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE MY FIRST WEEK IN NAPLES:
- The fact that driving down here with Dax was actually really, really easy. (I did end up with pee on my shorts but let’s save that for another blog post.)
- Our first family dinner out on the town, which is where the above picture was taken.
- Pitchers of GOOD margaritas.
- Getting settled in our new condo. (Condo! Sounds so beachy!)
- Late night texts amidst inebriation.
- The Third Street Farmers Market, complete with steel drums and a male booth worker who happened to be overly excited about babywearing (I was wearing Dax) and breastfeeding! That’s right — a DUDE excited about babywearing! Nice!
- S’mores beignets!
- The worship leader’s wife offered to watch Dax for us on Saturday night so we could unpack and organize. So nice of her! I was even late picking Dax up and she didn’t mind!
- My first Sunday, and all the nice people whose names I still don’t know.
- Night time family walks around the neighborhood.
- Our screened-in porch.
- Renting The Emperor’s New Groove and shamelessly quoting the whole thing.
- Delivery chinese food and sushi. Not on the same night, obviously.
- The sunsets here on the gulf coast. Simply stunning.
- My first staff meeting.
- Laughing a little too much at my first staff meeting…
- Confirmation cake!
- Cooking dinner for us. When there’s an easy recipe to follow, I’m not so bad at cooking! Thanks, eMeals!
- Hot n’ Spicy Cheez-Its and Cool Lime Refreshers at Starbucks.
- Encouraging texts/emails/phone calls/voicemails from people I love/miss the most.
- And most of all, my handsome, sweet, funny, smart, hero of a husband who is doing his best to take care of all of us.
2 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (may 23, 2013)”
Love you guys and glad you’re settling in! Buuuuuuuut my gchat is still mad at you. Just so you know.
hot and spicy cheez-its!