Dan and I have been enjoying a “staycation” of sorts. We haven’t moved to Naples or started our new jobs yet, but our jobs here in Tallahassee ended at the end of April.
It’s perpetually Saturday for us!
We’ve been enjoying this downtime before our big move and life overhaul. Here’s how.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE RECENTLY:
- I dare you to look at that picture of my baby holding a flower and not smile. I DARE you.
- Fun photo shoots with Zack and Sammie.
- Quiet lunches with friends and their babies.
- Watching Dax eat and enjoy lemons and limes.
- Waking up to the sounds of my baby talking instead of an alarm.
- Dax crawls now!
- He also pulls up and can sort of “walk” when guided. TIME SLOW DOWN OKAY.
- The dang Publix Mother’s Day commercial.
- Trying to navigate life as a work-from-home mom.
- Girls’ night harassing Lane at his new job.
- Spontaneous dinner dates with close friends.
- Text message encouragement.
- The giant smile my boy gives me when I walk into his room after he’s woken up from a nap.
- Oh — he also WHISPERS now.
- Treating myself to a sushi lunch.
- Pedicures and a silly Starbucks run in with Syd.
- She also painted a picture of me! Crazy!
- Having a raw, gritty, authentic coffee date with Sarah.
- Rori and her being an “angry black woman”.
- New Girl and The Mindy Project.
- Dax’s first trip to the Florida Natural History Museum with Libby!
- Libby and Rori having Twitter. Finally.
- Iron Man 3 and Robert Downey, Jr.
- Okay, and Gwyneth Paltrow, too.
- Steak and wine.
- Date night!
- Hanson’s new single and their upcoming new album. (SQUEEEEEE.)
- When good friends just stop by.
- Journaling with good pens and without lines.
- There is evidently an Ultimate League in NAPLES! YAY! My new best friends!
- Making the cats chase our laser pointer.
- Making our kid chase our laser pointer.
- Life in general.
What do you love this week?
5 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (may 9, 2013)”
i would love to squeeze your little boy’s chubby cheeks:) they are absolutely adorable!
You are probably one of the only people on the planet who enjoys angry black woman Rori. It is one of the many things I love about you :).
Can’t wait to see you all! Love!
Pingback: Season 2, Episode 11: Things That Suck Thursday! | theRorishow