Happy 30th birthday, Taylor Hanson! My gift to you is a THINGS I LOVE THURSDAY list that has nothing to do with me being married to your little brother and mothering a thousand little Hansons myself.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Making music with my friends, even when temperamental sound systems make it a wee bit difficult.
- Having friends over for beers and creative brainstorming sessions.
- Dax’s first play date in the park with Oliver!
- Hearing him giggle on the swings.
- Dancing in the kitchen. You know. BY MYSELF.
- Long afternoon naps (for both me and the boy).
- Getting my husband back after his weekend youth retreat.
- Seeing pictures and videos from said retreat.
- Video chatting Brian and Katie and going over their wedding (eep!) which Dan is officiating in T MINUS SIXTEEN DAYS!
- Eating out.
- But also eating in.
- Raspberry beer!
- Getting a text from a friend saying he ordered me business cards BECAUSE…
- … all I do is win.
- Working from home with my little man.
- My last counseling appointment.
- Chocolate glazed donut flavored coffee. #zomg
- Bringing my man soup to make him feel better.
- INBOX ZERO!
- Encouraging fellow moms.
- Top Model.
- Lunch with Shana (and RICK)!
- The way Dan makes Dax giggle.
- Prospects for the future.
- Wedding planning with the bestie.
- Taking in the sweet sights and sounds of this town before it is mine no longer.
What do you love this week? (Side note: teenage me is crying alone in her room right now because she has a feeling she doesn’t end up with Zac Hanson in the end but HEY — this is way better.)