I live in Tallahassee, Florida. Did you know that? Even though it looks and feels a lot more like Georgia, it is the capital of the Sunshine State and I’ve been here ever since the fall of 2004. That’s, like, forever ago.
I want to do things a little different this week. I want to dedicate my TILT list to the city I’ve now called home for nearly nine years.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TALLAHASSEE:
- My friends. OBVIOUSLY the first thing on here.
- My alma mater! Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, woo!
- It actually sort of kind of maybe has seasons.
- The rolling hills. So unlike Florida.
- Canopy roads.
- Decent Pizza. And when I say that I don’t mean, “Tallahassee has decent pizza, I guess.” It literally means that my favorite pizza joint is called “Decent Pizza.” Try their margherita pizza and tell me it doesn’t CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
- The farmers’ market on Saturdays.
- Surprisingly good and authentic Thai food.
- It typically (TYPICALLY, but not always) gets through hurricane season unscathed.
- When driving around town, if you’re not paying attention, you can actually end up in Georgia by accident.
- My church home.
- The way it smells in the morning. (Way different in the afternoon.)
- RedEye Coffee.
- All you can eat sushi that isn’t gross.
- Gumby’s Pizza.
- Voodoo Dog.
- Jim & Milt’s.
- Evidently I eat a lot. LOOK AWAAAAY.
- The local musicians here. Especially since a lot of them are my buddies.
- Railroad Square and First Fridays.
- Trips to St. George Island.
- Jazz in the Park.
- Seven Days of Opening Nights.
- FSU Theatre.
- The Warehouse.
- The weird flea market.
- The Tennessee Strip.
- Leon Pub.
- [Insert all the bars here].
- Dance Tallahassee.
- Gulf Winds Track Club.
- 2 for 1 beers and ritas pretty much anywhere you go.
- EVERYTHING ELSE.
Oh Tallahassee. You will forever be the capital of my heart.