I live in Tallahassee, Florida. Did you know that? Even though it looks and feels a lot more like Georgia, it is the capital of the Sunshine State and I’ve been here ever since the fall of 2004. That’s, like, forever ago.
I want to do things a little different this week. I want to dedicate my TILT list to the city I’ve now called home for nearly nine years.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TALLAHASSEE:
- My friends. OBVIOUSLY the first thing on here.
- My alma mater! Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, woo!
- It actually sort of kind of maybe has seasons.
- The rolling hills. So unlike Florida.
- Canopy roads.
- Decent Pizza. And when I say that I don’t mean, “Tallahassee has decent pizza, I guess.” It literally means that my favorite pizza joint is called “Decent Pizza.” Try their margherita pizza and tell me it doesn’t CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
- The farmers’ market on Saturdays.
- Surprisingly good and authentic Thai food.
- It typically (TYPICALLY, but not always) gets through hurricane season unscathed.
- When driving around town, if you’re not paying attention, you can actually end up in Georgia by accident.
- My church home.
- The way it smells in the morning. (Way different in the afternoon.)
- RedEye Coffee.
- All you can eat sushi that isn’t gross.
- Gumby’s Pizza.
- Voodoo Dog.
- Jim & Milt’s.
- Evidently I eat a lot. LOOK AWAAAAY.
- The local musicians here. Especially since a lot of them are my buddies.
- Railroad Square and First Fridays.
- Trips to St. George Island.
- Jazz in the Park.
- Seven Days of Opening Nights.
- FSU Theatre.
- The Warehouse.
- The weird flea market.
- The Tennessee Strip.
- Leon Pub.
- [Insert all the bars here].
- Dance Tallahassee.
- Gulf Winds Track Club.
- 2 for 1 beers and ritas pretty much anywhere you go.
- EVERYTHING ELSE.
Oh Tallahassee. You will forever be the capital of my heart.
3 thoughts on “things i love thursday: tallahassee.”
I’ve seen Decent Pizza but we never have the time to go! Definitely going on the list for when we’re in town. Also, details on the Thai!
One of my best friends lives in Tallahassee. I’ve never been there but you make it seem like such a cool place to live and visit! Please post more! Living vicariously through your posts to get through the last weeks of snow here…. Yeah for living/growing up in the snow belt.
Hush, you are making me miss Tallahassee this Saturday morning when we have no immediate plans to visit anytime soon. (Procrastination of flying with a baby can go on indefinitely, it seems.)