Happy Thursday, friends! It’s the last day of the first month of 2013. We are 1/12 done with this year already. Wrap your brain around THAT mess. Anyhooooo…
Look! He’s so cute!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- The #overcomethelie Twitter party last night. We had so many participants spreading the truth about self-love. It was amazing! We ended the night trending at #4. Incredible.
- Lionhart. I’ve been doing volunteer work for this organization for a while now and I couldn’t be more ecstatic about the things happening there. It’s amazing. Check it out here and spread the courage around!
- Amazing and encouraging lunch meetings with friends and mentors.
- Talking music, art, and the like.
- Expanding my culinary expertise by way of pureeing my son’s baby food myself. (See also: humility.)
- Watching good friends play live music.
- Dax’s new “go-to” face. Not sure why he’s really into chewing on his bottom lip right now but it’s tres adorbs.
- Reading lots and lots of books.
- Tickle fights and laughter with my husband.
- “Sesame Street” on Netflix. (YEAH I KNOW American Pediatrics Association, no screen time until Dax is two but can’t we please make an exception for Elmo?!)
- Also football? I mean the SUPER BOWL is this weekend, you guys…
- Emails from good friends with the phrase “TMI” in the subject line.
- New babies! ACK!
- Pretending to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Ministry over coffee — both from me and TO me.
- Nerding out over fonts.
- My best friend.
- My family.
- My town.
What do YOU love this week?
3 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (january 31, 2013)”
I love this post! I also love reading LOTS of books, walking with my seven year old neighbour crunching through the snow, watching other people tucking into and enjoying a butternut squash recipe I’ve cooked up, silly emails from silly friends that use made up words and open fires that cackle and glow as you throw on another log etc etc…yeah, it’s been a good week:-) And yes…he’s gorgeous!
I made butternut squash for my boy this week!!!
Don’t forget to add in some Veggie Tales to the t.v time. =) Five minutes wouldn’t hurt would it?