HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here’s the first TILT of the new year. If the first week of 2013 is any indication, this year is gonna be a good’un.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Not having any New Year’s Resolutions. (Last year’s? Gain 20 lbs and be okay with it. I gained 40 and was still okay with it. Then I lost 50, soooo….)
- Spending time in my hometown with my family.
- Watching my baby boy figure out his new toys! He’s so smart, y’all. Oh and he’ll probably be a drummer.
- Seeing one of my besties for the second year in a row on New Year’s Eve!
- Getting to see what all the fuss is about concerning Sister Hazel.
- Finally seeing The Dark Knight Rises. (May or may not have had to watch it in two sittings because I’m, like, old and got tired and needed to go to bed halfway through it but WHATEVER OKAY IT’S A LONG MOVIE DON’T JUDGE ME.)
- Beer and champagne.
- New glasses. Yeah, I’m a hipster and I don’t care who knows it.
- “Bartering” with my husband.
- Getting a full night’s sleep for the first time since Dax was born. And then doing it all a second time! My husband is the best.
- Reading books. Like, just because.
- Friends going into labor! YAY BABIES!
- Eating junk food.
- Productive healing exercises.
- Catching up on Parenthood on Netflix. (When will season 5 of Mad Men be on there?! COME ON, NOW.)
- Bubble baths. Even if they’re too hot.
- Watching my baby boy sleep and clutch his blankie. UGHHHHH THE CUTENESS.
- Being dubbed a “long lost sister”.
- Food you can eat with chopsticks.
- New beginnings. Old finishes.
- Being loved. Like, really loved.
- Loving others. Like, really loving them.
What do you love this week? Happy 2013!
One thought on “things i love thursday! (january 3, 2013)”
What did I love? Seeing you, Dan and DAX!!