“You never laughed like this when you had Mirena.”
That’s what Dan said to me Tuesday night. He was so right.
Sorry to keep harping on it, but I’m so thankful I got that thing out. I’m also thankful that my life is so amazing that I have so many reasons to laugh and smile.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Bibleinanight Night.
- The smiley poop Emoji.
- New pregnancies. New births, as well! #babyfest
- Tearful worship.
- A birthday hair treatment.
- Quick but jam-packed bible studies over coffee.
- Lunch with Sydney at T-Flats and the hilarious conversation that always takes place with her.
- Spontaneous tickle fights on the floor of E3Kids. (My husband is the best.)
- Haphazardly planned breakfasts at Cracker Barrel.
- Playing with Dax at bath time. He is so fun!
- Dan and Dax visited me at work! For no reason! (Typically it’s because Dan needs to bring something to me/get something from me.)
- Great music.
- Serendipitous run-ins at Redeye Coffee.
- Seeing my awesome primary care doctor and my counselor back to back.
- Using art to heal.
- Raw, honest, candid, and enriching conversations over iMessage.
- Giving Dax sorbet for the first time! (He wasn’t impressed, but it was funny nonetheless.)
- Walking from my work to my lunch destination to give me the illusion that I was living in a big city again. (It also helped that the weather that day was mimicking that of London and Chicago in the fall.)
- Texting a friend all morning and then running into them on my lunch break.
- This, particularly in the wake of the horror that took place last Friday.
- White elephant gift exchanges, especially one in which a Justin Bieber toothbrush made an appearance.
- Harry Potter-themed insults.
- Hearing someone say, and I quote, “You need to write a book next year and self-publish that SOB.”
- My non-blood family.
What do you love this week?