Wow you guys. I haven’t been this sleep-deprived since HAHAHA OH WAIT I JUST ALWAYS AM SLEEP-DEPRIVED BECAUSE I’M A NEW MOM AND THAT’S JUST LIFE.
Anyway. In lieu of a nap, here’s my weekly love list. Voila!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Smiles and coos from my little boy.
- Writing songs with a good friend.
- My mommy came to town for a couple days!
- Got to see the Pooles again and hang with baby Jack.
- Calling Dax a sack of potatoes. Because he is one.
- When trying to figure out lunch options: ME: “Oh. We have a voila.” MOM: “What’s that?” ME: “Instant stir fry.” MOM: “Oh. Voila!”
- Making mad music.
- Carrying around a napping baby in a sling. Call me crazy but I love to wear my kid. Like skinny jeans.
- Skinny jeans, for that matter. Particularly, wearing PRE-PREGNANCY skinny jeans.
- Eric’s Dax voice.
- @HonestBaby and @HonestToddler — seriously, all parents should follow these Twitter accounts. Sheer hilarity.
- Scream-singing to my child (and my entire neighborhood, for that matter). I’ve found that, as far as my kid is concerned, pitch and key do not matter as much as sheer volume does when it comes to lullabies. (Sorry neighbors.)
- Humbling gChats.
- Bathtime cuddles. (LOOK AT THAT FACE, I CAN’T EVEN.)
- Finding someone to watch Dax on Tuesdays.
- Getting sweet emails/messages from friends who are thinking about having babies. (If you’re on the fence, PLEASE GO FOR IT! HAVE ALL THE BABIES!)
- Seeing my friends chase after callings, even when they’re scary.
- All you can eat sushi.
- Encouraging tweets.
- Libby on the drums!
- Using “Instagram” as a verb.
- My husband’s dad beard is finally not so scratchy. His ghost-stache, however…
- Sweet, selfless friends.
YO. Whatchu love this week?