Go figure — I get featured on WordPress.com’s Freshly Pressed page and gain a crapload of followers and then GO INTO LABOR WITH MY SON, thus causing me to take a break from blogging.
Hi. I’m alive, you guys!
It’s been exactly 12 days since I became a mother and boy how things have changed. As much as I love you, blog, I don’t seem to love you as much as I thought I did and I definitely don’t love you as much as I love my baby boy. But please, don’t take it personally. It’s not just you. It’s everything. I don’t seem to love anything I thought I loved — namely leaving the house, sleeping, showering, brushing my teeth, wearing deodorant, normal hygienic and social practices in general — as much as I love my kid. He’s just too cool.
Even though he’s only 12 days old, we’ve already pretty much figured out his personality. Here are some fun facts about our baby boy:
- No matter how hungry he is, whether it’s simply “the munchies” or it’s ravenous starvation, he absolutely will not nurse if there is any iota of gas anywhere in his system. Be it a tiny burp or the most silent fart, he simply will not feed until we squeeze it out of him. It’s nice that he’s so aware of what’s going on in his body, but before we figured this out, we suffered through some of the most desperately eardrum-piercing screams you could imagine.
- He smiles in his sleep. I even caught him laughing in his sleep once and I swear on everything holy that my entire being melted into the most pitiful mom-puddle ever.
- Most people think he looks like me more than he looks like Dan. I don’t really know about that. I know he’s adorable, that’s for sure.
- He loves to snuggle. Not a big fan of sleeping on his back in the bassinet, but put him on Mommy or Daddy’s chest and he’s on a one-way trip to snooze town. He also snores a little bit.
- He is about one feeding away from being a chunker and I LOVE IT.
There is so much more I want to say, because I’m a proud mama and could literally go on for days about how great my baby is, but I don’t want to bore you guys.
Tomorrow, “real” FBDC blogging should resume. Thanks for reading and sharing in my joy!
3 thoughts on “i make cool kids.”
Congrats! It’s the most amazing God given job/responsibility that anyone could have…coming from a fellow mother (ages 2 and 6). =) Soak in every moment!
You have a great blog! I enjoy reading you.
I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?