Happy July, everyone! I hope you had a lovely Independence Day, which means that at least one person you were with yesterday emphatically exclaimed, “WELCOME TO ERF!”
This week was a great start to what promises to be an even better month. I’m so excited about July, even despite the wretched heat. So. Let’s get to it!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Entering my “due month”! I’ll most likely give birth this month! (Read: please GOD can I give birth this month? Please? PRETTY PLEASE?)
- Having lunch with some of my favorite ex-coworkers. I miss those guys!
- Also, Bagel Bagel is delicious. Oh, that I could eat there every day…
- Spending Friday night with all my friends for Kelby’s birthday!
- Getting to snuggle George the cat.
- Spending the majority of Saturday in bed, despite having big plans for the day. (Being lazy or resting up? You be the judge.)
- Free car seats! Heck yeah!
- A lovely double date with the also-pregnant Kubiaks, complete with (cooked) sushi and Marble Slab. DELISH.
- My second massage session with Emily. So. Good.
- Wendy’s. Yeah I said it.
- Days off.
- Free diapers! Thanks Amanda!
- Canada Day! Even though I couldn’t celebrate it the way I normally do. (Read: Get slightly buzzed off of Canadian beer and lay around trying to sing “O! Canada!” with my best friend.)
- Getting a text at 7:45AM from Ashley letting me know that baby Jack was on his way! YAYYYY! (He’s here now, by the way, and absolutely perfect. I can’t wait to meet him!)
- Trying to go to a breastfeeding support group, only to find out it was canceled, so that meant that I got to have lunch with EJoy and Isaiah.
- Watching Isaiah eat. (Read: gum.) Hil. Arious.
- Being told by my doctor that Dax is NOT measuring bigger than 6-7 pounds. (I was worried, you see, because I just found out that my husband was 9 lbs 8 oz at birth. NOT COOL, MAN. NOT COOL.)
- Early release days at work which means hanging out at coffee shops with the hubs.
- Bubble baths.
- Having a day off in the middle of the week.
- The Amazing Spider-Man. Yeah. I saw it. (The kid they cast as young Peter Parker reminds me of what Dax might look like! ACK! #mushroomhair #bigears #socute)
- Playing my mom’s lullaby for Dax on my belly. Yep, that happened.
- Making fun of the Capitol 4th of July celebrations with my bible study.
- “Philadelphia got The Roots!”
- And finally… getting my “push gift” early! An iPhone! My husband rules! Thanks so much babe, love you! (I also promise to hold up my end of the deal and “push” your kid out of my body.)
What do you love this week?