And another week is in the books, folks. Only five more weeks until I’m due to be a mommy. Despite the very real darkness of the week, I’m so blessed. And happy. Truly. I couldn’t ask for a better life.
Even the week of Father’s Day has been incredible. Check it out!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- SEEING CATIE for the first time in YEARS! Holy reunion, Batman! She is so wonderful.
- Iced french vanilla soy lattes. (Yes, I’m “that girl” with a snooty drink order. Deal with it.)
- Seeing a car seat in the back of my car. Eeep!
- Free coffee.
- A dinner date at Carrabba’s with sweet Emily. Oh, how I love that girl!
- Hearing my sweet baby boy’s heartbeat. Never gets old!
- Being “forced” to rest.
- Having Zack and Sammie over for dinner and Sherlock. Amazing!
- Shrunken pork.
- Pool parties!
- Having the Hooker family over for dinner and nursery organization. Thanks to them, we’re almost ready for this baby!
- Watching baby Isaiah eat. Ha.
- Being productive but still relaxing on Father’s Day.
- Being able to buy presents for my husband for his first Father’s Day!
- Actually having a reason to celebrate Father’s Day despite… you know… all the crap associated with it.
- Imposing margaritas on friends who clearly “need it”.
- “Graduating” from our childbirth class. Very bittersweet!
- Non-alcoholic champagne. Delicious!
- Pizza and baby snuggles with the Menendez family!
- BABY ISAAC IS SO SMALL and he took a nap on me!
- Getting my hair done by Ejoy on my lunch break. I love that — not only do I get to go back to work looking fabulous, I also get to spend time with a good friend during the day!
- Good bible study discussions that may or may not have veered dangerously off course.
- Raiding Eric and Shana’s pantry without shame.
- Engagements, pregnancies, life changes, oh my!
- Scheming for office birthdays.
- Morning snuggles with my love.
- Having the best husband/baby daddy a girl could ask for.
That’s it for me. This week was awesome. Was it awesome for you? Tell me so!