Happy Thursday, friends! A lot has happened this week and while there may or may not have been a hormone-induced 24-hour cryfest in there somewhere (again, may or may not) it has still been a week full of blessings. Here’s my list!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- We felt baby Dax kick last night! And he really hasn’t stopped since. It’s so awesome!
- Purple nail polish, courtesy of Emily.
- Making it to the half-way point in my pregnancy! Hooray! We are halfway to meeting our sweet baby boy!
- Empire waist dresses. I hated them when I wasn’t pregnant but now, I can’t get enough.
- Spending a week being Emily and Levi’s parents.
- Big, soft beds.
- Chinese food.
- Holding babies, particularly tiny cute ones like Isaiah.
- “The Lorax!”
- Peanut M&Ms.
- The fact that I can keep listing food because, well, I’m pregnant and that’s life.
- MOOSE TRACKS ICE CREAM.
- Emily’s chores playlist.
- Having a jam session with Emily. (That’s right. I had a jam session with a 13-year-old violinist.)
- Getting sweet gifts in the mail for Dax, including but not limited to, some awesome bibs from Ali and some ADORABLE little Bobux shoes from Rachel! SQUEEEEEE.
- Homemade baby clothes for Dax, courtesy of my sweet friend Kelby!
- Baby clothes in general. THEY’RE SO SMALL, WHAT THE, HOW IN THE, I CAN’T EVEN.
- Cinnabon. Also, hearing Levi reason as to why I should give my share to him: “I don’t think all of that sugar is good for the baby…” “He’ll be fine, Levi.“
- Dinner at Calico Jack’s.
- Yoga in the mornings.
- Making plans with the BESTIE! Yeah!
- My friend Evan is writing a jingle a day in March. You should really listen to them if you haven’t already. He’s a musical genius and is guaranteed to make you smile! Check him out here.
- A late night, spur of the moment, pseudo-breakdown management rendezvous at Starbucks. (Thanks Lori!)
- Text messages that must be “a God thing.”
- Also, visiting the same Starbucks three times in one day.
- RedEye Mocha Frappucinos. Oh my gosh. Live in my belly.
- Getting a text from my husband that reads, “I bought you another book at Goodwill.” Seriously, he rules.
- Getting a hair touch-up by my good friend Elizabeth Joy! No more trashy roots! (Plus good hang out time as well. It’s always helpful to have a stylist who also happens to be a great friend.)
- BRIAN (my cousin, whose middle name is Arthur, from which Dax’s middle name comes) AND KATIE ARE ENGAGED! YAY! I’m getting a new cousin-in-law (whom I’ll probably just call my sister-in-law because seriously, cousin-in-law sounds too far removed…)
- Saving up enough money to FINALLY (!!!) purchase my new-to-me Nikon D60 this weekend! Dude! I’m getting a FOR REALS camera this weekend! And oh yeah, I’m paying cash for it like a BOSS. (Which also means I get to see Ashley and maybe Mark this weekend! Dax and Baby Poole could high five!)
- Spontaneous sushi lunch dates with the hubs. (Cooked, of course! Dax is a huge fan!)
- An awesomely productive lunch meeting at Subway.
- Making strides toward my “mom goals.”
- My family, my husband, my kid, and my cats.
What do you love this week?
2 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (march 8, 2012)”
Love the purple nail polish!
My short happy list this week:
Tax return in the bank account (Kids rock)
Finding a to-drool over diaper back at Petunia Pickle Bottom
Hearing Kasen’s heartbeat at appointment Tuesday
Micah bringing me flowers (weeds) handpicked by him
Scheduling a baking date with my Mima for Saturday
Reading inspiring blogs (Like yours)
Pinning my life away on Pinterest
*baby smiles ~ even if they say it’s just a reflex at this age
* Sleep~when it happens
*New baby smell
* my husband letting me sleep in
*my sister~ who’s a pediatric nurse and not only has she eased a lot of the new mommy fears but she’s helped watch him so I can get some rest.
*healthy check up