Hey people! How’s life? Hope you’re enjoying your week so far. Mine’s been… uh… boring. A whole lot of sitting on my butt watching a whole lot of bad daytime television. But even still, I’m alive, so there are always reasons to smile.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Morphine drip.
- Sweet nurses.
- Being able to pee on my own.
- Random visits from friends. (By the way, if you’re thinking to yourself, “Should I go visit Lindsay?” the answer is ABSOLUTELY. Just come over. Seriously.)
- Frozen butterbeer!
- My left (not broken) knee.
- Sweet phone calls, text messages, and voicemails.
- Being able to sleep on my stomach.
- Ellen Degeneres.
- Seeing my mom after she’s lost 55 pounds and gotten her diabetes completely under control by diet and exercise alone. (!!!!!!!)
- Letting my mom “baby” me.
- Not waking up during surgery.
- Hamlet and Romeo.
- “Doing really well” at physical therapy, even though it hurt like a b…
- The yummy-feeling massager post physical therapy.
- The Food Network.
- Having dinner cooked for me.
- Having dinner BROUGHT to me!
- The selflessness of my friends.
- Painting and making jewelry with Suzanne! (See photo.)
- Phineas and Ferb.
- My sweet husband.
Alrighty, y’all! What do you love this week? Let me know!
2 thoughts on “things i love thursday! (september 15, 2011)”
“Not waking up during surgery.” I like this one! That was my number one fear when I had surgery. Actually, I was terrified that something would go wrong with the anesthesia and I would be able to feel pain, but not move or talk to let the doctors know that I could feel them cutting me! Um, yeah, thankfully that didn’t happen, but I understand the fear. And I hadn’t even seen “Awake” back then! Glad you’re on the mend!
I enjoyed babying you! You’ll always be my baby girl 😉
You’ve been very brave this week and I am very very proud of you! And Dan is da bomb!