Happy Friday, Diet Coke addicts! Hope you’ve all had a fantastic and fulfilling week. And hey, even if you didn’t, it’s the weekend now. Time to boogie. Start off your weekend off right by chowing down on these delicious Internet snacks. Xoxox.
- With a number of my favorite people leaving town and moving to bigger and better cities/opportunities, this was a great article to read on how to maintain those friendships.
- A former ballerina speaks out on why little girls shouldn’t do ballet. As an ex-ballet dancer, it was a bit hard to read, but it didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know from my own experience.
- Porn & Pop Culture: Taking Our Power Back. YES!
- I’ve been trying to be pretty disciplined in writing here everyday. It’s a great exercise for writers, or anyone who (like me) can’t help but get ideas out of their brains by any means necessary.
- A great article about the greatest era of television ever!
- Sneak peek of Pottermore. (Still waiting on my 2nd email!)
- Wait. Is this for real? A vegan colony on Mars?
- Wow. This is heavy in a Post Secret meets Dear Photograph kind of way.
- Is Chick-Lit Emotional Porn? Well. If Twilight falls into that category, then I’d say the answer is pretty obvious.
- One woman finally saying what she’s refused to tell her mother all these years. Heartwarming, especially for me as a daughter of a single mom.
- The Journey of Grief. A father writes about a fatal diagnosis for his unborn child.
- 1 insult + 1,000 compliments = 1 insult. Story of my life.
- Interview with a one-year-old. HILARIOUS!
- Evidently some people don’t want to be wished Happy Birthday on Facebook. (I am not one of those people, by the way. Turning 26 on December 1st. Heads up.)
- Portraits of animals shaking off water. So cute and weird looking!
- A heartbroken widow simply requests healing in the form of a pie. “As I botched the cookie crust and struggled to spread the melted chocolate I thought, This is love. Making mistakes and making a mess. And extending the whole sticky mess as an offering.”
That’s all for this week. See you Tuesday! Much love!