Hello my lovely Gryffindors, Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws! Today is a special, yet bittersweet, day for Harry Potter fans everywhere — the final installment of the film franchise has been released and I (of course) drank in this piece of cinematic brilliance this morning at midnight. I’m super exhausted, but it was so worth it. As a tribute to Harry and the gang, I’d like to present to you my Magical Diet Coke 12-pack. And, for all you muggles out there, I’ve even included a very non-magical (yet still awesome) section just for you.
THE HARRY POTTER LINKS!
- Harry Potter stars Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, and Matthew Lewis all try on their best American accents and sing “Party in the USA.” Ohhhh, how I love them!
- And, again, 20 MORE facts you probably didn’t know about Harry Potter. IS VOLDEMORT REALLY PRONOUNCED WITH A SILENT T?! I feel so. So. STUPID!
- Speaking of Voldemort, Ralph Fiennes dissects the character for Newsweek. Some actors enjoy signaling the evil in characters called “bad guys,” but you want to be a human being first of all. Everyone has the potential to be corrupted. Everyone.
- A fake interview with Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.
- Practical Magic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. HILARIOUS.
- A Guide to Potter-isms: Wizardspeak in Translation.
- The Redemption of Harry Potter. Finally, a Christian article about how GREAT the series is with its obvious allegorical storyline. (By the way, this article pretty much proves that Christians who are anti-Harry Potter are also anti-Jesus. IN YOUR FACE.)
THE MUGGLE LINKS!
- The NYC Polaroid Project makes me miss New York. It has been way too long! I also really enjoy Polaroids.
- Animals Being Dicks. No further explanation required.
- Cats Being Dicks. Well. This is obviously my new favorite Tumblr.
- Here’s a list of 10 reasons to get rid of your credit cards and just use cash. I am all about this!
- Donald Miller writes about facing your fears.
- Because I’m a grammar nazi, I absolutely LOVE this article on Cracked. And, by the way, this is a sentence I’m almost positive I’ve uttered concerning the dismissal of the Oxford comma: Sure, fine, maybe we’ll consider this official someday, but just because it’s accepted doesn’t mean it’s not wrong and stupid.
- This article about what we think God’s doing in the Church is great (and convicting.)
- Another honest post from Matthew Turner about what being a believer means.
- Hanging Half-Naked from a Squatting Bar, or, How I Got Over My Body Issues. Talk about vulnerability.
- Eric Zener paints pieces that look like underwater photographs. Incredible.
- I love this email on how to make your kid a writer.
- Another reason why The Adventures of Pete & Pete (as well as all the other TV shows on Nickelodeon in the 90s) is far superior to anything kids watch these days.
- Demi Lovato premieres a new song about her struggles with an eating disorder and cutting, and her fight for health. So powerful.
- To Be Young, Russian, and Rich. These photos are GREAT.
Mischief managed for this week, y’all. Peace, love, and butterbeer! See you next week!
2 thoughts on “MAGICAL diet coke 12-pack: week of july 11, 2011”
The MTV interview is amazing!
PS You look so fricking pretty in that picture!
Oh my! Guy who plays neville in first clip! When did her get gorgeous!?