This is my salute to the good ol’ US of A — my weekly list of funny and inspiring links I’ve found on the Internet.
If mindlessly surfing the INTERNET doesn’t scream LET FREEDOM RING, then I don’t know what does. Have a great weekend, soldiers! See you next week!
- The Nu Project by Minneapolis-based photographer Matt Blum is a collection of stunning photographs of completely nude women of all shapes and sizes devoid of make up or touch ups. It’s beautiful, powerful, and obviously NSFW.
- This is a really cool idea: pictures of people listening to music and their take on it.
- This article makes me want to blow up the world.
- This was interesting to read after Casey Anthony was found not guilty. Let’s all be honest, here: she killed her kid. And won’t do time for it. And that sucks. But this article reminds us that this is just a small, tiny example of child injustice, and the world is full of people who mistreat and kill children who will never face justice here on this planet.
- I swear — Jon Acuff keeps writing about me. It’s getting creepy. But he nails me in this week’s Serious Wednesday post. But as I flipped through photo albums representing the years 2000-2005, I kind of got sick to my stomach. It felt like I was watching a slow failure parade stream by.
- A girl I knew in high school (who happens to be infinitely smarter and cooler than me) wrote an honest post on the importance of writing and publishing. I have to agree with everything she says because, well, she’s cooler and smarter than me.
- Here are some fun Harry Potter facts that were posted right before Half-Blood Prince came out! Just in time for the final movie to come out! SQUEEEEAL.
- What your favorite 80’s band says about you. (Mine is totally true.)
- Breaking Writer’s Block.
- Emily‘s father wrote this about his experience in World Market with a poorly labeled candy bar, a misguided cashier, and his 13-year-old daughter’s body image. It made me cry.
- The 10 most underrated albums of 2011 you must hear.
- This is an absolute MUST-READ. The disease called Perfection.
- Homer Simpson’s invitation to the royal couple. So funny! (And Homer’s a pretty decent writer. Who knew?)
- Three pieces of advice for women.
Party on, Wayne!
One thought on “diet coke 12-pack FIREWORK EDITION: week of july 4, 2011”
The nu project is really cool, and he’s a great photographer. Just FYI, though, I think they’re all wearing make-up. But it’s still super cool!
Also, I love your hair-do in that pic. And that’s not just a shallow compliment:)