Legitimate bloggers do this thing at the end of the week where they give their readers links to other cool stuff on the Internet. Because I want to be a legit blogger when I grow up, I’m gonna start doing that. Each Friday I’ll put out a list of the cool things I found while trolling the interwubz that week and, because I’m oh-so-clever, call it my DIET COKE 12-PACK.
(I’ll give you a moment or two for your applause for my genius to die down. Done now? Cool. Let’s move on.)
- If you’ve hung around my blog long enough you already know the BS Photoshopping that female models undergo, but here’s an incredible short film about how male models are manipulated. (Holy nipples, Batman!)
- Think it’s just about girls? Ohhhh no. It’s not. Manorexia revealed.
- Is it just me, or are we a culture that likes to dwell on the crappy things we’ve done in the past? Jon Acuff tells us that’s not God’s design for our life.
- French Connection’s new ads present a new take on what it means to be a man or woman. Evidently, men are more than aggressive sex fiends and women are more than overly objectified play things. Who knew we liked to do things like play with fire extinguishers and triangles?
- Beautiful pictures that look like paintings.
- The ballerina project gets me every time.
- I wish I was good at photography and could do stuff like this.
- Who doesn’t love a good news fail?
- Guilty-looking wieners give Weiner’s guilty speech.
- Italian Vogue features “fuller” women, even on the cover!
- Did you know that Apple is evil? If not, listen to Richard Dreyfuss…
- What are you afraid of?
- Okay. These photos are freakin’ crazy. Crazy awesome.
- “I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” takes on a whole new meaning.
- I still don’t know whether or not this is a joke. If it is, good form. If it’s not, I’LL DATE HER.
- Just in time for Father’s Day…
- Shameless plug for you to follow my tumblr and, consequently, my stream of consciousness. Spoiler alert: cats.
That’s all, friends! Have a great weekend. Oh I almost forgot! I’m giving you a homework assignment:
Hug someone who needs it.