Alright, loves! It’s Thursday! Whip out your journals/blogs/scrap paper and start scribbling down things that you love because you KNOW life is beautiful!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Wearing my wedding dress again. (Yeah, it still fits. WHAT!)
- Being able to spend some quality time with Kylin Poole (see photo) AKA the best thing Ashley and Mark Poole ever did.
- Evidently making Cabo’s on Cinco de Mayo a tradition for us.
- A really wonderful dinner with our good friend Elizabeth. She said all kinds of crazy encouraging things to us. It was baller.
- Defeating fleas in our house. Romeo is almost all clear!
- My mom and all the fun surrounding Mother’s Day. Love you, Mommy!
- Hosanna in the highest!
- Surprising Alexa at Osaka for a (super belated) birthday party and actually not spending a fortune on hibachi!
- Late night hang outs with Jessica, complete with Chocovine and Harry Potter Clue. (Even though Dan won.)
- My friends. They are seriously the BEST.
- Strawberries and $5 champagne.
- Wedding dress shopping with Chrissie. And (maybe!) finding the dress!
- Getting an inside-joke-text from Emily.
- Encouraging emails, particularly one that included a 49-page PDF entitled, “How to Be Creative.” Yessss.
- Steak & Shake after church with some of said awesome friends.
- Kyle and Kelby’s wedding is coming up SATURDAY! (Or, as I call them, KYLBY! I know. I’m so clever.)
- MY HUSBAND. Can I brag a little bit? Over the past week, he’s put away two loads of laundry, cooked me dinner pretty much every night, brought me lattes to work, scratched my back/legs/wherever else I’m peeling incessantly, accompanied me on guitar while I played keys and sang Ingrid Michaelson (yes!) and just last night he brought me pickles to eat in bed. (Pickles are my favorite food and they are the only thing I can eat after brushing my teeth, what?! Don’t look at me like I’m gross!)
- Tearful emails that lead to healing and redemption and grace.
- Grace. Wow.
- Girlfriends (who aren’t me) being pregnant.
- Going to a jewelry open house and winning a raffle for $59 in free jewelry! I’m gonna be stylin’ on the cheap, y’all!
- Lunch with Angie at Tropical Smoothie. Home girl made me laugh so hard I almost shot water out of my nose!
- CONTEMPORARY DANCE CLASS. Finding my dance studio is seriously the best thing that has happened to me in a while.
- Gonna start training next week for THIS.
- YOU. Yes you. If you are reading my blog right now, you are currently making me smile.
What about you? What do you love? Comment and let me know!