Is that how you say, “Things I Love Thursday” in Spanish? It’s Cinco de Mayo after all…
One of my favorite self-love bloggers puts out a list of things she loves each week on Thursday (her “Things I Love Thursday” list.) She’s called for other bloggers to do the same, so I’ve decided to oblige!
Now, this week has been particularly shiteous, so making this list has been a bit difficult. Difficult, mind you, not impossible! Remember that even in the crappiest weeks, there are things around that can bring joy. You just have to be brave enough to be on the look out for them.
So! Without further ado, here’s my first TiLT list!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- Taking a vacation day Friday to spend the entire day at the beach with Shana (after she completed her next-to-last semester of grad school! Yeah!)
- Frozen margaritas before noon!
- A baby in a PINK dinosaur towel (you know, one of the ones that has the dinosaur eyes and spikes on the hood? OMG. ADORBS OVERLOAD.)
- Both of my bible study small groups. They’re chock full of close friends who are smart, godly, and super fun.
- SUPERCRAZYTIGHTANDAIRBORN hugs from eight-year-old Levi Case.
- Talking about overnight police ride-alongs with Jessica over chips and salsa and overpriced taco salads.
- President Obama (for SO many reasons, but mostly, for this.)
- Babysitting the best, cutest, sweetest one-year-old girl in the whole wide world.
- Chris Quilala and Jesus Culture (this song in particular. I’ve had it on repeat since Sunday.)
- IT GETS BETTER.
- Incommodious, and other fun words of the day, courtesy of Dictionary.com!
- Playing keys in the worship band. Always so fun and so, so, so humbling to be sharing a stage with such talented musicians while we make some joyful noise.
- Peeps sushi!
- Actual sushi dates with Felicite!
- My incredible husband, and his unrelenting grace and love for me.
- The fatter half of a bagel.
- Never-ending back scratching because I’m peeling.
- Lunch with Chrissie, the very first bride-to-be I get THE HONOR to be a bridesmaid for! And fellow bridesmaid Chelsea!
- Sugar-free hazelnut soy latte. ZOMG YUMZ.
- A clean house.
- Making music with my husband (and no, that’s not a euphemism.)
- Making music with my husband (but that is!)
- The Civil Wars.
- Hula hooping in Target when they’re obviously trying to close.
- Finishing off Randy’s Mocha Madness smoothie.
- GOLDEN GRAHAMS.
What about you? What are some things that made you smile this week? Comment and share the joy!
4 thoughts on “las cosas que me encantan jueves! (things i love thursday, cinco de mayo edition!)”
I love daughters like you! :o)
And the word “shiteous” (did you make it up? Love it! LOL)
dang smiley face came out wrong again. I keep forgetting that lol 😉
Let me try that again; I LOVE DAUGHTERS LIKE YOU! 😉
I am both horrified and intrigued by Peep Sushi. One of my cats looooves Peeps, so I bet she’d love the real and the fake sushis!
ha! most likely a good assumption! 🙂