As we have recently discovered, I am not a professional runner. I don’t do it to win. I do it to finish.
Today I ran 5 kilometers without stopping. For those of you yankees counting that’s 3.1 miles! Holy cow! I was so pumped! Halfway through my run I thought, “Maybe I don’t need to walk for awhile. How cool would it be if I didn’t walk at all?” AND THEN I DIDN’T. Suck. On. THAT.
After my little celebratory photo op (above), I started thinking about the milestone that I’d just hit. I’ve been running since March and it has taken me this long to get to a point where a three-mile-run doesn’t completely kill me. I don’t know if I’m just misinformed, but I honestly thought it wouldn’t take this long. I was positive that roughly one month into my running “career” I’d be blazing through marathons (with the most gorgeous thighs to prove it.) But alas, I was wrong.
And so, I’ve decided, I don’t want to be “pleasantly surprised” about this running crap anymore.
Would you consider yourself “a runner?” Do you like to run? Do you know how to run? Have you seen someone run before?
Well then I need to hear from you!
Calling all runners! I have questions for you! And I need answers!
(Don’t make this blog post a waste of my time, please. Please answer! For real!)
- How long did it take for running to actually become fun? Because as it stands right now, running is as high on the “fun” list as cleaning my bathtub with a toothbrush. After my cat pukes in it.
- What things do you do to make running less boring? I mean, my “kick-ass chick rock” playlist can only take me so far.
- What’s on YOUR running playlist?
- Is there some way to make it so that the first mile I run doesn’t feel like I’m trying to maneuver whilst being up to my neck in quicksand? Or Elmer’s glue?
- What are the best before and after run foods/drinks?
- My feet are flat and are completely mangled from years of ballet. What are the best running shoes for my feet?
- How bloody long will it take me to have a smokin’ hot runner’s body?
- Are there any supplemental exercises/stretches I should be doing before/after/along with runs?
- Is it best to run a little everyday or a LOT every other day?
- How bad ass are runners? Seriously?
I look forward to your answers, blogoverse.