Well guys, I am now officially full time at the church which is a HUGE financial blessing (miscarrying a child in an emergency room without insurance isn’t cheap, y’all — just a heads up from yours truly). I’m also still able to do about half my job from home so we really only need a bit of finagling to make childcare for Dax work.
Today took quite a bit of juggling; Dan and I both did half our days at home (mine in the morning, his in the afternoon) so that we could both get all of our work done and Dax could be well cared for. While it did take a bit of logistical brainpower to make the day work, it did work, and Dax was happy all day. (Went to bed early, even!)
I am so very grateful to have such a great husband and parenting partner. Dan is so supportive of my endeavors and I try to be of his, and we are both on the same page when it comes to bringing up Dax. It isn’t always easy, but it’s always workable when you have such an awesome partner.
Thanks for being you, Dan.
Oh and here’s a gratuitous adorable picture of my baby sleeping because duh. (It took everything in me not to crawl into that crib and snuggle with him when I snapped this picture.)
Four years ago today I married my favorite person in the entire world — this guy.
In some ways, I can’t believe it’s ONLY been four years. In other ways, it feels like we’ve only been married for a minute and a half.
Either way, I love being married to this guy. So today’s TILT is for him. If that makes you hurl, sorry! Feel free to click the X in the top corner.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BEING MARRIED (TO DAN IN PARTICULAR):
- When we go on dates, I typically take off my makeup first, not because I’ve “let myself go” but because he prefers my bare face. (Sup, zits.)
- This morning, right after we woke up, I demanded (seriously) that he make us pancakes. And he got right up and did it.
- He has a beard which I never thought I’d like but now I do. (Don’t shave it!)
- Because he’s such a reckless sleeper, we don’t use a flat sheet because it just (somehow?) ends up in a weird, knotted mess at the foot of the bed. HOORAY, LESS LAUNDRY!
- He also refuses to buy new underwear (“It doesn’t matter if there are holes in them… they still work!”) so, again, HOORAY LESS LAUNDRY!
- He gets up in the middle of the night for both Dax AND me, with very little complaining.
- If I text him, “COME HOME WITH BEER PLZ I HAD A HARD DAY MUST DRINK ALL THE DRINKS” he’s like, “You got it.”
- His big ears and his fuzzy chest and his strong arms.
- His laugh.
- HE IS SUCH A NERD OMG IT ALMOST HURTS SOMETIMES.
- Ask him what he’s doing at 2:30 on any given day and he will always tell you he’s going to be at the dentist. (Because it’s “tooth-hurty”.)
- He loves to drive and I hate to drive so he always drives.
- He has the worst memory of all time which is GREAT because it means he has no idea that we’ve ever had a fight. (We have, by the way.)
- He’s so ridiculously in love with me. Like, it really doesn’t make sense.
- He can make our baby giggle like no one else.
- He always puts us first.
- Except for Spider-Man.
Happy anniversary, Dan! Chant it with me, now! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
What do you love this week?