Because what else could I possibly want?
Tag Archives: husband
Today is my sweet husband Dan’s birthday! He’s 26 today which, yes, means I’m exactly five weeks older than him. (Scandalous, I know.)
So, here’s a TILT list just for him! I love you, Dan! Hope your birthday is great!
THINGS ABOUT MY HUSBAND THAT MAKE ME SMILE:
- He’s the only guy I’ve ever been with who’s younger than me. Clearly, it’s the only way.
- He loves cats just as much as I do (evidenced by the fact that the first thing he did on his birthday was watch cat videos on his cell phone.)
- He proposed to me at a Sarah Mac Band show which, even before I even knew him, was the way I wanted to be proposed to and I NEVER ARTICULATED THIS.
- He’s super cuddly.
- He has really soft chest hair (I swear, it’s like unicorn fur or something.)
- He has big ears that I pray get passed on to our children.
- He worked his butt off to get his college degree (a double major, no less!)
- He’s really smart. Like, really smart.
- He always nails the answer for Final Jeopardy.
- He always cooks for me.
- When I have a bad day, he insists that I take a bath and let him do my chores.
- He supports me in everything I attempt.
- He has written me songs. As in, more than one song. And yes, they are on my iPod.
- He’s an expert litter box cleaner.
- He always gets up in the middle of the night to tend to the cats because he knows that if I get up, I won’t go back to sleep.
- He probably would expect me to mention the cats at least three times on this list.
- He wrote me a letter once when we were dating and I lived in London and signed it, “Your sexy American boyfriend.”
- He challenges me (in the good way.)
- He has the most contagious smile.
- He has almost every song Weird Al has ever recorded on his iPod.
- He scratches my back or gives me a massage whenever I ask him to without complaining. (I cannot say the same for myself.)
- He plays guitar.
- He’s a great writer (better than me, I think) and an avid reader.
- He tries SO HARD to love me in my love languages.
- He always wants to “fix” things that bother me.
- He makes me laugh.
- He loves me in spite of me.
- He knows the real meaning of grace.
- He is perfect for me.
Have a great day, my love. You are everything to me!
Your Sexy American Wife