Pfft pfft pfft pfft.
Oh. Don’t mind me. I’m just brushing the cobwebs off my blog.
Each week gets away from me faster than the week before that. I hate it. I only have just over two more weeks until I go back to work. But at any rate, life rules, and here’s why.
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:
- My little CK model.
- Running into Emily all over the place!
- One-handed nutritional breakfasts and snacks. Again, thanks Emily.
- Sacred echoes.
- Affirming lunch meetings.
- Being able to let Dan have a full day with Dax.
- Only being ten pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Breastfeeding is magic, y’all. I haven’t exercised a bit.
- Getting out of the house.
- Visitors! Especially when they bring baby clothes and a toddler! (Yay Ashley!)
- Buying “impractical” things for myself. (Read: clothes.)
- Showing up to church tired and barely put together and having someone I don’t even know call me “gorgeous” for “just having a baby.” Psh. STOPPPP.
- Special deliveries at the house.
- Having a “usual order” at the coffee shop. And having the baristas know it.
- Snuggling in bed with both of my boys.
- Dax and Hamlet tag-teaming some cuddles.
- Having curly hair. Yep. You read that right.
- “Fuss-free” days with Dax.
- Getting word that Becky bought us tickets to see FSU play this weekend!
- Libby, for helping us out by babysitting!
- Mary, for babysitting last minute so Dan and I could go out to dinner last night.
- Peach sangria.
- Catching up with Felicite FINALLY.
- Dream-smiles (he’ll wake-smile soon, I KNOW IT!) and coos from my sweet boy.
- “Stefon” on SNL: ”It’s a hoomba. You know, it’s that thing, where a midget lays on a skateboard and rolls around your house picking up garbage.” OMG I DIED.
- Gripe water.
- Baby bath time.
- Quiet car rides.
- Having prayers be answered.
- Sleeping long enough to dream.
What about you? What do you love this week?