Wow, have I really not done one of these in weeks? I can’t believe I’ve let my life slip by me without blogging about it!
Oh wait. Yes I can.
Well, don’t worry. It’s not for lack of happy things in my life. It’s just merely been a lack of time and energy. Being six (seriously??! six?!?!) months pregnant will do that to you.
So, without further ado, TILT!
THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE RECENTLY (possibly this week, but maybe not):
- Allowing my blog to take a backseat to my life.
- Instagram for Android! FINALLY! (Follow me @helenlindsay!) Now I won’t be a deadbeat parent who can upload pictures of her child through filters! (I’m only half joking about this.)
- Getting messages that more of my friends are pregnant!
- Also, ALL OF THEM ARE HAVING BOYS SO FAR. We’re going to have one motley crew come this fall!
- Holy week, which made me smile in a reverent way. (Also made me cry a lot but whatevs.)
- Easter, and being able to spend time among people with whom I feel safe.
- Blessings from dear friends in our bible study. Seriously, we are not worthy.
- Good chick-lit.
- My husband getting a SLAMMIN’ deal on a new car for us after the Jetta’s demise. Now we own TWO Camrys! (Well. One of them we own. The other one Bank of America owns until 60 months from now but hey, we’re driving it.)
- Finding out about about not one, but TWO baby showers being thrown for us in the same week! What the heck?! How did I go from zero showers to two? My friends/bible study people rule so hard.
- My 80s prom commercial going semi-viral. If you haven’t seen it, you should watch it because I’m silly.
- GETTING READY FOR 80S PROM TOMORROW.
- Side ponytails and spontaneous dance parties.
- Throwing Chrissie a super fun bridal shower! Tea and crumpets and hats! Yay!
- Mocha frappes from RedEye.
- Homemade mint brownies. What?!
- My husband’s undying support and love throughout the last crazy months.
- My cats.
- Oh, which reminds me: Gertrude, Hamlet’s mother, is pregnant again. After naming Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, we have decided to refer to all of Gertrude’s future children simply as, The Players. Hooray for theatre nerds and their uncanny senses of humor. (Read: us.)
- Touching two giant bodies of water (The Atlantic Ocean and The Gulf of Mexico respectively) in just as many weeks!
- Fried pickles and hugs from Erica, whom I haven’t seen in YEARS! Just as gorgeous as I remember her, of course.
- Floating with Emily and having ridiculous but awesome conversations.
- My cousin and his FIANCEE (!!!) Katie.
- Somehow comfortably sharing a twin bed with my husband.
- My best friend.
- Other people’s blogs.
- Cake pops.
- Music and the ability to make it.
- New books.
- Old books.
- Hearing my friends refer to themselves as my kid’s aunt (makes me think that more people love him than just us).
- The freedom to be myself.
Okay! That’s it for me this week. Sorry it’s been a while but, hey. Life happens.
What do you love this week?