Hello my lovely Gryffindors, Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws! Today is a special, yet bittersweet, day for Harry Potter fans everywhere — the final installment of the film franchise has been released and I (of course) drank in this piece of cinematic brilliance this morning at midnight. I’m super exhausted, but it was so worth it. As a tribute to Harry and the gang, I’d like to present to you my Magical Diet Coke 12-pack. And, for all you muggles out there, I’ve even included a very non-magical (yet still awesome) section just for you.
THE HARRY POTTER LINKS!
- Harry Potter stars Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, and Matthew Lewis all try on their best American accents and sing “Party in the USA.” Ohhhh, how I love them!
- And, again, 20 MORE facts you probably didn’t know about Harry Potter. IS VOLDEMORT REALLY PRONOUNCED WITH A SILENT T?! I feel so. So. STUPID!
- Speaking of Voldemort, Ralph Fiennes dissects the character for Newsweek. Some actors enjoy signaling the evil in characters called “bad guys,” but you want to be a human being first of all. Everyone has the potential to be corrupted. Everyone.
- A fake interview with Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.
- Practical Magic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. HILARIOUS.
- A Guide to Potter-isms: Wizardspeak in Translation.
- The Redemption of Harry Potter. Finally, a Christian article about how GREAT the series is with its obvious allegorical storyline. (By the way, this article pretty much proves that Christians who are anti-Harry Potter are also anti-Jesus. IN YOUR FACE.)
THE MUGGLE LINKS!
- The NYC Polaroid Project makes me miss New York. It has been way too long! I also really enjoy Polaroids.
- Animals Being Dicks. No further explanation required.
- Cats Being Dicks. Well. This is obviously my new favorite Tumblr.
- Here’s a list of 10 reasons to get rid of your credit cards and just use cash. I am all about this!
- Donald Miller writes about facing your fears.
- Because I’m a grammar nazi, I absolutely LOVE this article on Cracked. And, by the way, this is a sentence I’m almost positive I’ve uttered concerning the dismissal of the Oxford comma: Sure, fine, maybe we’ll consider this official someday, but just because it’s accepted doesn’t mean it’s not wrong and stupid.
- This article about what we think God’s doing in the Church is great (and convicting.)
- Another honest post from Matthew Turner about what being a believer means.
- Hanging Half-Naked from a Squatting Bar, or, How I Got Over My Body Issues. Talk about vulnerability.
- Eric Zener paints pieces that look like underwater photographs. Incredible.
- I love this email on how to make your kid a writer.
- Another reason why The Adventures of Pete & Pete (as well as all the other TV shows on Nickelodeon in the 90s) is far superior to anything kids watch these days.
- Demi Lovato premieres a new song about her struggles with an eating disorder and cutting, and her fight for health. So powerful.
- To Be Young, Russian, and Rich. These photos are GREAT.
Mischief managed for this week, y’all. Peace, love, and butterbeer! See you next week!